Pain is a feeling that is triggered in the nervous system. This pain may be “acute” or “chronic”. Acute pain is usually easier to treat. Chronic pain, however, can have many causes, making it more difficult to treat. Chronic pain often requires customized formulations, specific to each patient needs. Transdermal gels or creams are formulated to provide systemic or local absorption of medications. These applications bypass the gastrointestinal system and first-pass hepatic metabolism, making them more effective and also avoiding the side effects associated with oral administration. The Apothecary staff will work with your practitioner to find the right formulation for you.
Conditions we can help to treat:
- arthritis pain head, neck and facial pain
- ankle, foot and knee pain migraines
- diabetic neuropathy post herpetic neuralgia (shingles)
- fibromyalgia shoulder pain
- gout tennis elbow
- neuropathic pain shingles